- What is Culinary Genomics?
- Introduction to M.I.S.E.
- M.I.S.E. Recipe understanding and execution
In partnership with the Genomic Kitchen, this class will introduce you to the concepts developed by Amanda Archibald, the creator of the Genomic Kitchen. An overview of how changing what you eat can change the functions of your body through an easy to follow program; M.I.S.E. each participant will receive a copy of Amanda’s latest book, The Genomic Kitchen Outline –
Do you or someone you know have a food allergy? If so, you DO NOT want to miss this class. Join us to learn how to navigate what to buy to prepare incredible meals for people with food allergies. In Session 1 we will introduce participants to a variety of keys to understanding how to cook for people with food allergies and ensure they receive safe and wholesome meals. Includes 1 – year access to the FB community Outline –
- Allergen versus Incompatible
- The big 8 and more – Safety and protection
- What to look for on a label
- Alternates to allergens – Ingredient functionality
- Techniques using allergen friendly ingredients
An exploration of how to prepare five meals from one chicken! Maximize your food dollar and learn creative recipes using an entire chicken. A portion of the ticket price will go to Make Food Not Waste, a Detroit Non-Profit dedicated to reducing food waste. Outline –
- Maximize the utilization of ingredients
- Prepare five meals using one chicken
- Proper storage and use of leftovers